Men’s Body Contouring
Men who want to enhance their physique can opt for men’s body contouring. Having a well-defined chest and body has long been a sign of masculinity, but this ideal eludes many men, even if they committed themselves to a rigorous exercise routine and diet. What’s more, some men suffer from gynecomastia, which is a condition of having excessive breast tissue. This condition makes it extremely challenging to achieve a toned, flat chest no matter how many times they hit the gym, do pushups, etc. That’s where men’s body contouring procedures can help.
Understanding the Procedure
For starters, body contouring plastic surgery is not just for women. There are many men who wish to obtain a more desirable body due to reasons of aging, massive weight loss, and more. There are a number of problem areas that men’s body contouring can target, which includes:
- Eliminating excess fat and skin from one’s upper arms. After massive weight gain and loss, the individual may develop unwanted flabbiness of his arms. A combination of brachioplasty and liposuction can correct this problem. The latter can also be performed in an array of areas such as the ankles, knees, thighs, buttocks, hips, flanks, back, abdomen, arms, neck, and face.
- Reducing the size of one’s enlarged male breasts. Hereditary causes, underlying disease, hormonal changes, drugs, etc. are possible contributors to this condition. Men’s body contouring can help reduce the size of male breast, and make the individual feel more confident about his appearance.
- Reshaping the waist and flattening the abdominal wall. In some instances, liposuction of the abdominal wall is done in combination with an abdominoplasty. This process normally involves the removal of excess skin and fat.
Featured in the Media
Expertise and innovation attract attention. Dr. Newman has performed thousands of cosmetic breast, body, face, and skin procedures over his decades in practice. He has earned awards from The Aesthetic Society® (ASAPS) for his innovative techniques and has spoken about emerging technologies to respected colleagues at national meetings. Both the New York and national media trust Dr. Newman for his specialized expertise in both surgical and nonsurgical aesthetics.
What are the Benefits of Men’s Body Contouring?
- Restore firm contours after massive weight loss in a short amount of time
- Help relieve physical discomfort caused by chafing or irritation of excess skin
- Gives a huge boost in self-confidence
- Gain a flatter and more toned abdomen
- Body contouring procedures are safe as they have been performed for decades
I had surgery done previously by another doctor and I was unhappy with my results. Dr. N has done surgery on several of my friends and has done more of this than any of the other doctors I went to. In the end this was definitely the right choice.Scarsdalemom
How Long do the Results from Men’s Body Contouring Procedure Last?
To ensure the results of your body contouring procedure lasts as long as possible, it is imperative that you maintain your weight by adopting a healthy, nutritious diet and stick to regular exercise routine. Although gravity and the processes of aging are inevitable, you can prolong good skin quality by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Can You Shower After the Procedure?
If you chose a men’s body contouring option that involves going under the knife, you are recommended to do a light sponge bath. For the first two days after the surgery, you should refrain from full baths in order to not manipulate any stitches or dressings. When your dressings have been removed (may happen on the third day), you will be able to shower as per normal.
Ready to Schedule Your Men’s Body Contouring Consultation in New York?
When it comes to men’s body contouring procedures, you are recommended to ask lots of questions to become fully prepared, fully informed, and confident to make choices that are most ideal for your needs. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Dr. Scott Newman, a board-certified surgeon, today!
Meet Our Surgeon
Dr. Scott Newman
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Scott Newman is a nationally recognized specialist in breast and body surgery. His refined expertise extends to reconstructive and facial plastic surgery, as well as nonsurgical aesthetics. The innovator of the technology that became VECTRA® 3-D imaging, Dr. Newman is always looking for ways to improve his patients’ safety, comfort, and results. This drive has made Newman Plastic Surgery one of the most technologically advanced practices in the country.Meet Dr. Newman Request Your Consultation