As a mom, you’re probably used to elevating the needs of your family even if it means personal sacrifices. But there are times when putting yourself first is best for the whole family. For example, if a cosmetic procedure will help you feel more confident, you’ll be a happier, revitalized partner and mother. That’s one of the main reasons women considering breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction come to our Westchester, Manhattan, and Long Island locations for a mommy makeover.
Even though the number of mommy makeover procedures performed isn’t tracked specifically, the combination surgery has become increasingly popular among women who want to regain their pre-pregnancy bodies once they’ve stopped having children.
Getting a mommy makeover includes both physical and intangible benefits, as I will outline in this blog post.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
Before describing its benefits, a brief overview of the procedure can help. The physical toll pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding take on a mother’s body often can’t be reversed through exercise and diet alone. Stretched abdominal skin, deflated and sagging breasts, and unwanted pockets of fat persist no matter how healthy a lifestyle someone may lead. The most common procedures included in a mommy makeover are:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Breast lift (with or without breast augmentation)
Of course, we can customize each patient’s treatment plan to address specific concerns.
Mommy Makeover Benefits
Besides the obvious physical benefits of the procedure—a flatter, slimmer tummy and waist, perkier breasts, and attractive contours—there are other reasons for getting a mommy makeover. These include:
- Only having to plan for a single recovery period: This is especially true for patients with younger children who must arrange for childcare during their recovery period or moms who work outside the home and will need to take time off. Compared to separate surgeries, recovering from multiple procedures shortens total recuperation time and means you’ll experience the discomfort of recovery just once!
- Seeing a comprehensive transformation: If you’ve ever remodeled or redecorated one room of your home and then noticed the drab look of other rooms, you’ll understand the benefit of completing all the changes at once. Staging procedures as separate operations can ultimately yield the same results, but most patients appreciate seeing a total transformation after a mommy makeover.
- Reduced costs (such as anesthesia): The cost of a mommy makeover can vary significantly from patient to patient, depending on the extent of the surgery. Because the surgery combines different procedures in a single operation, the total cost is usually less than if the procedures were performed separately. That’s because certain fees—such as the cost of a surgical facility and an anesthesiologist—are only paid once.
- Increased confidence: You can’t put a price tag on the value of feeling good about your appearance. That confidence extends from moments of intimacy to wearing more fitted clothes or a swimsuit. Your sense of well-being is something children pick up on, and it’s important to model taking good care of yourself.
If you’re considering mommy makeover surgery and are looking for a plastic surgery practice on Long Island or in Westchester or Manhattan, contact us using the online form to request a consultation. Or call us at (914) 653-7543 (Westchester), (516) 882-1020 (Long Island), or (212) 472-6100 (Manhattan).