Motherhood is special and brings about endless joy. However, the after-effects of pregnancy on the mother’s body can sometimes be drastic. For instance, your body did not bounce back the way you’d hoped it would. In addition, getting it to look how it did before your pregnancy is proving to be a huge challenge.
With that, mommy makeovers are a form of body contouring surgery where both the abdominal areas and breasts are addressed in a single, operative procedure. Mommy makeovers are designed to restore or enhance your body to its pre-pregnancy state. The final results also depend on your goals as well.
Understanding The Procedure
You should keep in mind that mommy makeovers are a descriptive term and not a procedure. You will need to consult with your plastic or cosmetic surgeon and decide on the types of procedures you will undergo. Some of the procedures done in mommy makeovers include:
- Breast reduction. It is normal for one’s breasts to swell to a fuller size and shape during pregnancy. For some women, their breasts remain larger. This is only a welcome change if you continue to experience no skeletal deformities, low self-esteem, breathing problems, rashes, pain, poor posture, etc. If this is affecting you in a negative way, breast reduction is a viable option to consider. It will remove fat and glandular tissue, and tighten your skin to produce lighter and smaller breasts.
- Breast lift. A mastopexy is carried out to correct uneveness and sagginess of the patient’s breast. If you desire more rounded, smaller, or larger breasts, you may want to consider going for a breast reduction or breast augmentation along with the breast lift. You will be able to deal with problems pertaining to stretched areolas, drooping nipples, and decreased breast volume as well.
Note that depending on your aesthetic needs, there are other procedures that can be done in a mommy makeover.
What Are The Benefits Of Mommy Makeovers?
- Helps achieve a contoured tummy area
- Remove stubborn pockets of excess fat
- Restores a more youthful bust; helps breasts to look perkier
- One operation is all it needs
- Restore one’s confidence and self-esteem that may have been affected by childbirth or pregnancy
I had surgery done previously by another doctor and I was unhappy with my results. Dr. N has done surgery on several of my friends and has done more of this than any of the other doctors I went to. In the end this was definitely the right choice.scarsdalemom
Are You A Suitable Candidate For A Mommy Makeover Procedure?
Women whose pregnancy in unwanted changes, e.g., excess skin in abdominal region, deflated, sagging breasts, etc., are ideal candidates for a mommy makeover. If you also meet any of the following criteria, you are a suitable candidate:
- Excess fat deposits in thighs, hips, and midsection
- Skin displaying signs of stretch marks
- Breasts looking out of proportion when compared to the rest of your body
- Excess and loose skin in abdominal region
- Areolas appearing stretched out and/or nipples pointing downward
- Loss of volume in breasts; uneven in size
What Can You Expect In Your Initial Consultation?
During the initial consultation with your plastic surgeon, your general medical history will be reviewed and your areas of concern will be examined. This is also a great opportunity for you to discuss what bothers you. All in all, you and your plastic surgeon will be able to devise a treatment plan that addresses your concerns and determine if they are surgically feasible.
Preview Our Body Surgery
See Before and After Photos From Body Surgery Procedures.
Ready To Schedule Your Mommy Makeover Consultation In New York?
Your children are the focus of your life, but that does not mean you do not deserve to feel confident about your appearance once again. If you are ready to take action to restore the body contours you loved or once had before giving birth, get in touch with our board-certified surgeon, Dr. Scott Newman, today!
voted top nyc
This New York Times story features Dr. Scott Newman’s “Girls Night Out” which was hosted in Glen Head, Long Island NY.
Danielle from Manhattan’s Upper East Side enlarged her breasts with silicone breast implants in Dr. Newman’s Park Ave facility.